As his time as Bruegel Director comes to an end, Guntram Wolff sits down with Giuseppe Porcaro to discuss the highs, lows and shifts of economic policy in Europe over the past decade and Bruegel’s contribution in an effort to improve it, from the euro area sovereign debt crisis, migration to Brexit, geoeconomics, the climate urgency and COVID-19.
Relevant publications and events:
- Policy contribution, What kind of European banking union?
- Blueprint, EU-IMF assistance to euro area countries: an early assessment
- Event, Resolving the European debt crisis
- External publication, Europe after Brexit: A proposal for a continental partnership
- Policy contribution, Redefining Europe’s economic sovereignty
- Policy brief, The threats to the European Union’s economic sovereignty
- Policy contribution, The geopolitics of the European Green Deal
- Policy contribution, An effective economic response to the Coronavirus in Europe
- External publication, A Global Deal for Our Pandemic Age